ƒ= {ƒ equals}

Analog and Digital opinions from photography to politics and everything in between.

08 June 2009

Second Shot

for the first time. kindof.  Terri needed some help (rippeephoto.com, have a looksie. She's a good friend and I'd definitely recommend her for engagement, wedding, and baby photos if you're in or around San Diego) and i offered my services.  Got there and helped set up, standard stuff.  backdrop for these shots she does at every wedding.  The guests write a message on a piece of paper, hold it up, and pose.  It's really cool and a neat (and easy) way to get a shot of everyone.  


Anyways, the bride was running a little late getting ready so Terri was really busy with her, I just plunked around and shot a bunch of detail stuff.  Nice ceremony and everything, but I really wish I had more to do instead of making sure the backdrop didn't blow over in the wind.  I mean, there were only like 40 people at the wedding anyways so I was pretty extraneous, but I still wish I could have done more.  Oh well, I was only there in an auxiliary sense anyways, and I guess now I've got some stuff I can add to my portfolio. Maybe next time. 

I definitely admire the wedding photographers out there, but that stuff isn't for me I don't think.  Too many batteries, too many CF cards, too much going on, and too much responsibility for those shots.  

I've got a lot of post to still go over, and I'm waiting on a roll of NHG800 to be developed.  Speaking of,  I should really get down to Little Italy and pick up my Ektachrome and Neopan at Chrome.  

I think this is my favorite shot of these little gift boxes on the tables. There's another that's not up on flickr yet that runs in a close second.  I've also got to think about b&w, too.  I've got some decisions I need to make on post and what I could put in a portfolio possibly.  I just really liked this one because I got the tones very neutral and undersaturated and without a strong contrast, which seemed to be the theme with the colors for the wedding.  If you go look at my flickr you can see what I mean.  Baby blues, seafoam green, pinkish orangish flowers, pale blue tablecloths.  I processed this shot very vividly as well, but I think it pops too much and doesn't accurately reflect the subject or the wedding.  So yeah, I finally figured out how to utilize my Vintage Lightroom preset and I've pretty much got it figured out. I was always trying to change color temp when I really needed to look at the primaries because the yellow cast was coming from the reds.  Anyways, more shots on flickr, more to come tomorrow from the wedding, and I'm gonna get my new little project up by Wednesday (Chloe, you will finally wet your pants in relief).  Also, Ektachrome 1600, Neopan 1600, and Fuji NHG800 by mid-week, hopefully scanned and processed.  



Just a reminder, I still have a Canon A2E on eBay, as well as a bunch of other photo-related stuff, so if you're so inclined reference my previous post and you'll see what's there.  probably soon to go on eBay: North Face Recon backpack, Tamrac Pro 8 Camera bag.

1 comments:

Chloe Dearest said...

hahhaaa hey...that's tomorrow! woo can't wait

Post a Comment